Nov 4, 2007

The fight continues...


Hard to believe, but it's november already. Time definitely did pass way too quickly. I meant to write about my Austin experience days ago, but then school started again and, yep, you guessed it, people everywhere got cold infections.... including me- again!!! I'm so sick and tired of doctors' waiting rooms- for the past 2 1/2 months, I've pretty much had it. Oh well, it could be a lot worse, too, so who am I to complain?

Just this past week, I received an e-mail from a guy I met through the Livestrong experience. I sent him 2 binders and a few extra Livestrong items, and he responded soo after that. Here's what he said:

"I wanted to share with you that just 5 weeks ago, i was diagnosed with testicular cancer, and unfortunetly it spread to the pelvis and lymphs, but I just last week started chemo, and will undergo that through Feb, and than have my second operation. I will kick it's ass, and you do the same with your training!
I'm going to use all the items for keeping track of what i'm going through.
Many thanks for what you're doing FOR ME!"

At times like that, I get all teary-eyed. I mean, not only do we need to keep on fighting this horrible disease for people like Steve, but to have him thank me for doing what I do, it's just amazing. I'm not the most successful fundraiser, nor am I rich, so I can't really do much. But like Steve said, it's appreciated nonetheless. However small the contribution might be, it's important to join the fight against cancer.

So, I put up my Livestrong Challenge dri-fit shirt on eBay to auction it off. And I still have a few items from last season's thank-you gifts that I will include later this week. Please take a look and bid on items to get a great souvenir and help our cause.
My eBay auctions

Oh, you might have noticed that I changed the color of my blog from pink (for the pink or October campaign) to blue. Actually, I tried to find a purple template, but no such luck, so this will have to do. November is national awareness months for both lung cancer and pancreatic cancer.

Someone mentioned that although he liked the fact that breast cancer was very much in the public eye during the month of october and everywhere you looked, you could see something pink, but he also wished, you'd be able to see all the other colors for the different cancer types throughout the year- so here it is: blue (sorry I couldn't get it to be purple
) for pancreatic cancer and pearl for lung cancer (my Austin experiences will be posted later this week, I promise).

1 comment:

Kate said...

YEAH! You did it - purple rules! And - bonus - yellow looks great with purple.

Take Care,
Crazy Kate of Le monde de fromage de Kate