Sep 5, 2007

Riding group for the 40 mile Austin ride

I just got back from my doctor and I couldn't be happier about the news- the blood test came back all clear, so the antibiotics did their job and now it's just a matter of time and being patient (which I'm not, unfortunately) until I should be better. Thank you for all of the "get well soon" messages!!!

So, I can finally start with some moderate cycling and should be reaching my usual level of fitness in about a week. Keep your fingers crossed!

Just over a month to go... I can't believe we're actually this close to the Austin Challenge! The date was always very far away in the back of my calendar, but now it's right there. I put the Austin elevation profiles on my wall, so I can see it whenever I'm working on my PC, and I'll put the list of names to honor during the Challenge just next to the profiles, to keep me motivated.

If anyone of you will ride the 40 miles in Austin, this might be interesting:
I'm riding the 40 miles with a friend from San Antonio, because we both figured that it is quite important to have a "riding buddy" for motivation and support during the entire route. We're both kind of slow riders- it's more about survival and finishing the ride than racing- and we'll prove just that! The hills will be tough, but hey, it isn't called a Challenge for nothing, right?

So, we decided to start a group of participants that will ride together, stopping at each rest stop, and keeping each other motivated. If anyone else is interested in riding with our group, please let me know either by e-mail or by leaving a comment.

I already put a link to Amanda's training blog on my sidebar, but just in case you didn't see it, yet, here it is again: http://amanda-livestrongchallenge.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Congrats on the test results!

Henrike said...

Thank you Amanda, I'm pretty relieved that everything is fine... it's about time. Back to training next week!

Brian Dowd said...

glad to hear the tests came back clear. I hope to see you in Austin Oct 12-14. I will be there for the ride for the roses.

LIVESTRONG!

Brian Dowd

Anonymous said...

Great work.